Science is moving in the direction of salivary hormone testing based on its ease of collection and more accurate results regarding “free” hormone levels. There are a variety of panels that can be run depending on your health concerns.
- Adrenal Fatigue / Cortisol Function test – for complaints of unexplained low energy and disrupted sleep
- Cycling Female Hormones test – provides your estrogen/progesterone levels in graphic representation over the course of your cycle. This test would primarily be indicated for women with painful and/or irregular periods as well as those suffering from infertility.
- Thyroid Function test – for those with concerns of unexplained low energy or a history of thyroid problems
- Male hormone test – similar to the female panel but looks at hormones more particular to men. This panel would also be indicated for men with infertility issues, erectile dysfunction and overall low libido and vitality.
- Estrogen Metabolism Testing – there are a few pathways that a body can metabolize estrogens through and are dictated by genetics and nutritional influences. Women with a history of breast cancer, uterine or cervical cancer often choose to run this test as it will provide insight into prevention strategies.
- Combination testing – a combination of one or more of the above.